- Economical holders
- Compact yet rigid design
- 0° or 5° top rakes
- Carbide and HSS inserts
- Simple back-up anvil
STA VS. CONVENTIONAL DOVETAILS
- Dovetails become shorter when sharpened and must be re-centered each time.
- Re-centering a dovetail on a screw machine is not very efficient or cost effective.
- You will need to purchase more than one tool to reduce machine down time.
- Initial set up is the same as for a conventional dovetail.
- The insert remains on center in the holder even after sharpening.
- Can be used for a family of parts without re-centering or making lateral adjustments.
- Drop-in shave holders available.
STA VS. COMPETITORS’ SINGLE USE
COMPETITORS’ SINGLE USE
- Expensive complex holders
- Expensive backup anvil
- Simple backup spacer rigid enough but economical enough.
- Buy a set of 10 inserts and get a free holder.
GET STARTED WITH STA
Holders & Inserts
The Form Tool Freedom logo is a trademark registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.